150ml sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin
165g golden caster sugar
165g self-raising flour
3tbsp cocoa powder
1tsp bicarbonate soda
Chocolate Fudge icing:
100g Milk or dark chocolate (add chocolate or Easter egg broken up)
100g butter softened
100g icing sugar
100g Easter treats (chocolate eggs, sweets, chocolate bar pieces)
- Heat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas 4. Add Oil and line a baking tray tin.
- Put the oil, sugar, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk until mixed well. Sieve over the flour, cocoa and bicarb and stir until mixed.
- Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 20-25mins until the cake is well risen.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool fully.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of boiling water. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together until fluffy, then drizzle in the chocolate. Add the icing over the top of the cake.
- Then for the best part, add Easter treats on top!
Enjoy and a happy Easter from all at Revive Active 💐